I hadn’t realized how long it has actually been since I’ve shared one of my projects. Although it has been awhile since I’ve posted, my time has not gone without some kind of DIY project.
My days have been pretty busy with multiple string art orders to fill, working at my job, Sean returning home from deployment, a visit back home to Maryland, and a DIY with Devan String Art Party. Here is a little peak at what I’ve been working on…
Husband related items- a countdown board, a Birthday present, & a Christmas present.
A custom order for a baby nursery and a fun little framed project to use my rose gold paint.
Recovering an old stool at my Grandma’s house to match the fabric of her curtains.
Lots of string art- both custom orders and items I made to be “ready to ship” for buyers.
New business cards & cute t-shirts. Thanks to my Mom for teaching me how to use HTV and a heat press.
My mom and I embellished these cute “welcome spring” banners from Target.
Lots of projects happened, and I have my latest project ready to share with you! I was really thrilled to have today off from work, being that it is a Saturday. Of course it happens to be raining today, though, so I thought it would be a good time to work on the wreath I have been planning for.
Monday is the first day of Spring, so I will be hanging this cute little wreath on my front door. Throughout winter, the weather has not reflected winter at all here in Eastern North Carolina, until this past week. It is slowly creeping back up to the warmer temperatures, mixed with wind and rain. But you know what they say…April showers bring May flowers.
I purchased all of the components to my wreath during different trips to the stores, and of course had a coupon each time. My wreath, flowers, and wire are all from Michael’s and the letter “C” is from Hobby Lobby. I actually purchased the flowers when they were 40% off all floral stems, and combined that with a 20% off your entire purchase, including sale items coupon.
I started by painting my letter. I painted the “C” with Chalked by Rustoleum in Linen White. Before purchasing my letter, I did try to cut my own. I was given a jigsaw for my birthday back in October, but I do need a little more practice.
While the paint was drying, I started choosing where to place my flowers. My wreath was a little wonky, so I decided to put the flowers on the side that wasn’t making my circle perfect, that way it would be hidden by the flower bunches. After I chose where to put my flowers, I started to cut them down.
The flowers I purchased had very long stems, so I shortened them. I pulled off the leaves, and set those aside. You never know when you might need some green leaves for something! I left a little bit of stem on my flowers, so I could see what would work best for attaching. This is the first wreath I’ve ever made, so I was experimenting as I went along.
As you can see, I fed the stem through the twigs, and then I wrapped some wire around it all, just in case it needed to be secured more. I followed this same pattern with all five flowers.
Originally, I was going to have the flowers on the left side, but in the end, the “C” looked best on the left. I attached the “C” with the same wire I used on the flowers. Personally, I don’t mind the wire showing over my white letter, because it’s not going to be visable for anyone walking or driving by our house. However, if you do not like the wire showing, you can either glue the letter on, use a white wire, or paint your wire white.
The last thing you’ll need to do is vacuum up the twiggy mess! 🙂 But seriously, it does leave behind a lot of debris.
Super cute and bright for Spring!